Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Sporty Stripe Cardi by Meaghan Schmaltz

Pattern: Sporty Stripe Cardi by Meaghan Schmaltz

Yarn: Ewe Ewe Yarns Ewe So Sporty in Vanilla, Charcoal and Aquamarine

Needles: US Size 3

Modifications: None



Yay!  My very own Sporty Stripe Card is done!!!  And I love it!

I bought this yarn at Unwind in Burbank on the first day of the 2014 LA Yarn Crawl and I couldn't wait to power through this one!

It fits sooooo well and this pattern was sooooo easy!


I'd never made anything "Top-Down" before so I was excited to try it and I love it!

I love that you can try it on as you go so you can adjust to your body!

It's quite customizable in that way.


I also love that -  the way this pattern is written, everything is done all at the same time... so we you bind off, you are quite literally done!

No seams to sew.  Just ends to weave in!

AND! I love a pattern that is clear and concise!  All the text fits on one page! I love a good pattern!

(Did I mention I love this pattern!)

:)


My bottom edge ended up being quite curly so I might pick up along the bottom and add some kind of row that will uncurl that bottom a bit.  But I like that the sleeve edges are curly!  I think it's cute.


Here's the original at Unwind in Burbank during the 2014 LA Yarn Crawl.  It was love at first sight!



These sleeves were soooo easy and I just kept trying it on until I liked the length!





#@$&%(!_)*!&#$!!!!!!!!  Almost to the end of that sleeve and my needle broke!!!  


I'm really happy with this sweater and I will wear it with everything!!!!

You know I love my stripes!

:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment