Thursday, June 19, 2014

Fish Lips Kiss Heel by Sox Therapist!!!

Yay!!!!

My first pair of Fish Lips Kiss heel socks are done!!!!

To say that I have been on a heel obsession lately is an understatement!


Ever since two years ago when I had the crazy idea to make Christmas socks for EVERYONE, I have been wanting to find my Holy Grail of heels!

I've done the slip 1, knit 1 heel and then I tried the Afterthought heel (which I didn't dislike, but I didn't LOVE) and now this heel!

So far, I'm loving it!

I know there are a billion and one heels out there and I'd like to try them all!

Cat Bordhi's Sweet Tomato heel, the OMG heel (as in OMG, please make it stop!)

:)

I have really come to love making socks and I want my own Vanilla perfect pattern 
that I can do on auto-pilot!

So far, I think this is it!

Will do more heels and report back!

:)



See that ladder down the front (on the above pic)?  It really bums me out!  I worked these on 4 dpns and I think I need to put all front (top of foot) stitches on one needle...

Also note in above picture... those toes are different!  I can't decide which I like better... a shorter toe or a longer toe (smaller bind off or longer bind off).  Something new to obsess about!

:)



No holes in that little corner!



Pattern: My own Vanilla socks 
Needles: DPNS US size 0
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd in Doheny colorway!





:)

2 comments:

  1. Just left you a message on you tube and realized you posted the tutorial back in 2010! I was having a ton of trouble with round 2 of the Stockholm pattern and your video was a huge help! Just wanted to make sure you knew how much I appreciated your helpl. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad! I had the HARDEST time with that pattern and so when I finally figured it out, I wanted to share it to the world! :) I need to make more videos for all 6 rows! Can't wait to see your blanket!

      Delete